Friday 8 November 2013

Winter Beauty Essentials

So since a lot of my posts have been autumn/winter themed, I decided to do a beauty post to do with it. It will just be a few things that I specifically use for winter, if it was all beauty essentials the list would be long... And sorry that the photos are stock photos, I had rubbish lighting but I still wanted to do a post so hope you like it!

Lip balms

No-one wants chapped lips and winter is a 'mean' season to your lips so lip balms are a necessity! My favourite for winter are Carmex cherry, EOS tangerine and vaseline. (Vaseline actually only creates a layer over your lips to protect them (e.g it does not moisturise) but that is really what you need in the winter!)


Hand and cuticle cream

Hands are especially dry in the winter so using a hand and nail cream is a good way to avoid this. I use a boots own cuticle cream and a hand cream that i don't know the brand of but its not a 'professional' (meaning lush etc.) hand cream.



Red lipstick

Yes I love lipstick, especially red. It is the only part of make-up that i am even slightly adventurous! Winter is the party season and red is just a great wintery colour anyway! I own the maXfactor one in ruby tuesday, it is quite a bright red though, I want a deeper red! I really rate maXfactor lipsticks, I think they are great. (It is not as bright as it looks in the picture).



Face Moisturiser

As I have said a number of times, winter makes your skin especially dry so a really good moisturiser is a must. I use benefit total moisture but it is oil based so not for everyone!


Lot's and lots of bath bombs

Winter is cold... more reason to spend all evening in a warm bath surrounded by lovely smelling and feeling water with bath bombs or bath melts! I love the space girl bath bomb from lush but golden wonder turns your bath water the most amazing colour (turquoise) and it is only available around christmas/winter!
space girl
golden wonder


Those are some of my essential things for winter! What are yours ??

6 comments:

  1. I need to try that EOS lip balm

    itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's great you should !! And I know not all of them do, but this one tastes amazing !!! Xxxx

      Delete
  2. tnx for the advice
    I dont see GFC on your blog
    follow me also :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think i have followed you already...well i meant to xx sorry what is GFC ??

    ReplyDelete